Monday, September 14, 2009

My opinion...

Aight so I'm guessing every body and they mother watched the VMA's tonight. Everybody's been talking, Facebook posting, and tweeting how fucked up Kanye was and how strange Lady Gaga is. First off, I usually don't watch award shows because of my love for the underground but I couldn't miss seeing Jay-Z and The beautiful Alicia Keys perform "Empire State Of Mind" off the Blueprint 3. I respect any artist no matter what genre or style the music is because when it all comes down to it, it takes talent and hard work to become a respected artist. So for Kanye to come on stage when Taylor Swift was receiving her award, and say "Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time" was just disrespectful. He knew what he did was wrong so he had posted an apology on his blog (It seems that the post was just recently removed from his blog). And now onto Lady Gaga, everybody's talking about how she's weird and out her mind, but on the real it's FUCKING fashion!! I respect her for not giving a fuck about what people think. Plus the outfits she was wearing were something you would see on the runway, so why would it seem normal on the runway but not in public? My favorite parts of the awards were when my dude Wale was performing for the audiences before the breaks, and that Poke Her Face remix that Kid Cudi put on was fire, I was feeling that live band.

No comments:

Post a Comment